Sunday, March 14, 2010

Mina's Two Favorite Past-Times

Mina snoozing

Sleeping in the sun combines Mina's two favorite things: snoozing and sunbathing.

She will get to do more of this soon. I just bought a house! It has a nice big, backyard for the ladies.

Mina will have to wear sunscreen, as the vet recently found some hemangio (minus the sarcoma, and it shall remain that way) on her sun-splotched belly.

I believe Mina will love this new backyard. It is bigger than my parent's yard and way bigger than my apartment's small front yard.

Celeste will like it too, because she can run zoomies and, as a benefit to both dogs, she will have enough room not to run into Mina. She will still do this, because when Celeste plays she believes someone should be playing with her, more specifically, Mina. But once Mina is down, she is out. No amount of body slamming, play bowing, barking Mexican mutt will convince her otherwise.

I will be moving in April. I will not take pictures until the poorly maintained yard is cleaned up and looks presentable. If you have tried and true suggestions on eliminating berry patches, other than nuclear warfare, I'm all ears. Otherwise half my backyard may turn into a glorified patio.

7 comments:

PoochesForPeace said...

CONGRATS!!!!

Two Pitties in the City said...

Congrats! Imagine how much fun they will have sunbaking. We always forget the sunscreen thing, thanks for the reminder.

Amanda said...

CONGRATS! Oh, but just for yourself...do take BEFORE pictures. You must. ;) No tips other than I have come to embrace the weeds and "undesireables" somehow. Symbolism maybe?! Hehe....

Unknown said...

Thanks!

@Schwang: My vet said that Pit Bulls are more prone to hemangio sarcoma, so any extra protection is good! I use the spray on kind. Mina tolerates it. Barely. :)

@Amanda: Good idea!! I'm sure it will be a pretty impressive transformation. Which I hope is a good thing! I don't mind weeds, but berry patches are prickly and super-duper invasive. I'd love to keep some for the edible berries they produce, though. :)

Luci's Mama said...

Yay for a new house! and double yay for a huge yard! I can't wait to see pictures of the girls zooming around your new yard :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!You beloved poochies will be beside themselves in estasy. And will have to face the annoying lawnmower and menacing weedwacker.

Quizz just hightails it to Maddie's yard or sits on the deck looking particularly pathetic until all the yard work is done. Then he promptly defiles it.

Keep us posted.

admin said...

Congrats! I am jealous. I long to own a house/property.