- Another sad war-related dog-human story. When a british soldier was shot dead in Afghanistan, his beloved dog, a spaniel named Theo, died as well from a massive heart-attack.
- A Boxer's life was saved because firefighters had a canine resuscitation mask available to them when they discovered the dog's unconscious body while fighting a fire.
- A Pit Bull puppy was mauled severely by a bobcat who also bit the dog's owner in Florida.
- Zombies are taking over the insect world. Four new species of zombie ant fungi have been discovered.
- Fish and Wildlife have confirmed the Eastern Cougar is extinct. Species preservation fail.
- A dog described as a German Shepherd running off-leash attacked a jogging man. The UK has a Pit Bull type dog ban.
- Two English Sheepdogs in New Brunswick, Canada, are facing euthanasia after they attacked two men, including one attack that tore a chunk out of a man's leg.
- A Bull mastiff attacked a horse in the UK. The UK has a Pit Bull dog ban.
- Two dogs described as Great Danes in Connecticut attacked a woman, then killed her cat on the animal's property. The dogs have not been found.
- A man is facing felony animal cruelty charges after he shot and killed his dog. The man had purchased a gun to protect himself from the dog, who was acting aggressively 2-weeks prior to the bite. A normal person would consider this irrational behavior - if you are scared of your own dog that you feel a gun is necessary, reconsider your relationship and ownership of that dog. The dog bit the man's nephew once. The man cornered the dog in his kennel, shot the dog multiple times, and left the dog alive in a pool of his blood. He was later euthanized by animal services after multiple 911 callers called with concerns of shots fired and a screaming animal.
- A dog severely mauled the arm of a woman in the UK. The breed is not mentioned, except that the dog was not one of several banned breeds in the UK.
- A security German Shepherd at Orlando International Airport grabbed a Chihuahua by the tail and swung the dog around a bit before the owner of the Chi was able to get the dog away.
- A Labrador-Chow mix chained at an auto store bit a customer.
- A woman in the UK, where Pit bulls are banned, was attacked by a Border Collie cross.