Friday, April 13, 2012

Vegan Eats

Tostada YO
Tostadas are easy to make vegan because you are awesome
I'm not real big on cooking. Simpler, the better. So when I get more complex than spaghetti and marinara sauce, I totes take a picture and share it with people.

Granted, putting a bunch of vegetables and beans in a tostado is hardly culinary-awesomeness.

I use a tostada. I add romaine lettuce, avocado, tomatoes, olives, and jalapenos. And of course cooked beans. The next night I added fake "meat" as well. On top is Follow Your Heart vegan cheese, which is available at places like Raleys or Whole Foods. True fact: Vegan cheese does not taste like solidified breast-milk of cow cheese. That's why putting it on stuff or melting it will help with the transition. I bought a vegan ranch dressing for the top.

No comments: