Sunday, April 29, 2012

Ten years ago Mina would have literally eaten this crate to get out, now she likes to go in it, fuck up the blanket and then snore.
It's hard to see, but there's a Pit Bull in that snazzy orange crate.

I tried to crate-train Mina. She broke out of every single one. When it became obvious that she would self-mutilate rather than be in a crate, I stopped. We never looked back - Mina is trustworthy loose in the house.

As she aged, I've noticed at work that she will sometimes climb into the crate, even if the flap closes behind her. She likes to make a nest with the blanket in there, often shredding the quilt to get the perfect bed.

I doubt she'd tolerate it if I zippered the flap closed, but it's nice to know she actually enjoys going in there of her own volition.

No comments: