Friday, April 20, 2012

Dogs at the Office: Mina Gets Cookies

Cookie time at the office
Mina looks tail-docked because it's moving so fast with pure joy
It was a difficult time when I could not bring Mina and Celeste to work. I hated it and felt like a failure of a dog guardian. While I would check in at lunch, for all intents and purposes, both dogs were left alone for 8+ hours a day for four years (Mina longer).

Now that I can bring them to work, *I* selfishly feel better. While there are cons to dogs at work, I feel Mina and Celeste are calmer and less stressed out when they can be around me at work. I could be wrong. I should compare how they act when they are left alone at home with a little webcam. That would give me a better read than my own personal desire to believe they love being with me at all times. ;)

The best part of coming to work is that Mina gets a bunch of cookie breaks. Celeste does not do so well in pack settings, so I give her cookies in my office only. But Mina loves going to the "littles" office where the smaller dogs are. She loves smaller dogs, but she loves cookies more. Obviously.

No comments: