Sunday, May 2, 2010

Identify This Tree For Me, Please.

ETA: I'm leaning towards red maple.

There are three of these trees in my backyard. They are beautiful. I want them to survive. They are deciduous. I'm guessing they are maple. Right now, they stand at least 40-50' tall.

What are they? I'm in love with them.I love most trees. Willows and dogwoods are two of my favorite. And these trees. I can't describe what I feel when I stand below them, looking up into their gently waving branches. I'm afraid they are not doing well. I had them trimmed and there were a lot of large, dead branches.

Anyway, tell me what they are!


Tree 2

Tree 3

Tree 4

Tree 5

7 comments:

SCD said...

I THINK they're a Japanese Maple..Let me find out for you!

slave2tehtink said...

http://www.cnr.vt.edu/DENDRO/DENDROLOGY/main.htm has some good tools for identifying trees!

pibble said...

The leaf does have a maple shape...

Retrieverman said...

Could this be the trees?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acer_macrophyllum

Retrieverman said...

Have you found the answer?

It's driving me crazy,

Unknown said...

I'm thinking they're red maples. Too tall to be Japanese maples. I think they are sick or need to be fertilized.

PoochesForPeace said...

You have to save them! I know, I'm so helpful :)

I love trees too. It makes me sad when the storms here in Ohio ruin them :( Especially if they're really old (i.e. really tall with big trunks, lol) because it has lived so long and then one bad storm ruins it all!