Friday, November 20, 2009

Celeste falls off the bed


Mina does not fall off beds. Ever. She doesn't even slide off of them. She does not roll off of sofas or slip off of chairs. Mina is a pretty grounded dog.

Celeste is unaware of everything when she is playing with you. The center of her universe is you, all else is unimportant rubbish.

Like beds, for example. See this photo? This is what Celeste was doing. I was sitting next to her, skritching her belly, while she bitey-faced the air and rubbed her back into the blanket. She was so happy, full of puppy vim and vigor.

And then I got up to do something. Celeste's body followed me right off of the bed. She flopped three feet to the ground and was quite surprised by the whole ordeal. I'm pretty certain Mina laughed at her. I did too, but only after I checked to make sure her doghood was intact. Thus ends the story of how Celeste fell off the bed.

3 comments:

Kari in Alaska said...

haha I can so see one of my two doing that. Mesa is so obsessed with the ball that she will walk into anything because she stops paying attention!

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure that's why Quizz sleeps smack dab in the middle of the bed. So that when he rolls over, there will be no rude surprises of air. Nevermind, I sleep like a pretzel.

Laura said...

hehehe, puppy once fell off the couch twice within ten minutes. the rest of the world disappears when you're having good fun rolling around on your tennis balls.
-yesididit