Monday, June 4, 2012

Smoothies

Smoothie!

I just bought a DeLonghi immersion blender so I could eat healthier. I love smoothies but did not want a large blender taking up limited kitchen space. Plus, I just love immersion blenders.

So now I make a lot of smoothies!

This one was made with 2 kale leaves, a handful of blueberries, a handful of raspberries, half a banana, and 1/2 -3/4 cup of soy milk. It's easy to make smoothies really healthy and tasty. I like to add greens like spinach, kale, and dandelion greens because they are chock-full of good nutrients. And to offset the bitter taste, I add lots of fruit.

Immersion blenders don't do ice, so I make sure to freeze or refrigerate bananas or other fruit to add that extra coldness. Bananas make everything nice and thick too.

No comments: