Friday, December 18, 2009

Do you think these are pit bull puppies?



I'm just hazarding a guess, but I don't think these are pit bull puppies. Or at least not purebred American Pit Bull Terrier (APBT) puppies.

I ask because the tone of this article, while saying nothing about the breed itself, ends on a cautious note: "The pitbulls will stay at the clinic for another couple of days before a decision is made about their future."

I'm pretty sure Darwin and the Northern Territory don't have breed-specific regulations (I couldn't find any in their Animal Welfare Act). I'm hoping that cautious optimism is based on health prognosis and not on the fact the dogs might (and in my eyes, probably aren't) be pit bulls.

More importantly, get them out of the laundry basket, peoples!

6 comments:

Kembree said...

I don't know too much about the breeding, but you would think one of them atleast would be a different color? PIt Bull litters seem to be multi color no?

Dominic said...

There is no BSL in the Northern Territory

http://kb.rspca.org.au/Is-there-legislation-relating-to-the-ownership-of-specific-breeds-of-dog_286.html

To me, they look like weimeraner puppies...

pibble said...

Um, Vizsla? One of the ones on the bottom almost looks like a Dachshund, but the others negate that. But Pitties? Ugh.

No BSL said...

They look like Vizsla puppies to me.

spotted dog farm said...

definitely not pit bull puppies. no way. cute little buggers though!

PoochesForPeace said...

Hmm, I'd say the one with his/her head kind of down definately has a more slender long face and nose than many pitties i've seen. Probably mixes. They remind me of vizslas.