Saturday, January 9, 2010

Pit Bull Pointing

I was going through some older photos in my photobucket account and came across this photo from 2005. It's at an off-leash park in Napa. Oh god, she used to love running off leash with the other dogs.



And yes, she'd point. She would still herself, including her tail, and lift up her right leg, always her right, and curl it under her. She'd tense and gaze off in the distance. Sometimes, it would be clear to me what she was looking at - a rat, mole or another dog, but mostly I had no idea what was going on in her head (or perhaps, her nose).

Here's another. This photo is a little painful to look at - this is a young Mina, now is an old Mina. I don't like that one bit.


Now those legs and shoulders give her trouble. I don't think she could comfortably maintain a point at this stage in her life. But I have photographic evidence that, for many years, she was a Pointing Pit Bull.

3 comments:

Kari in Alaska said...

Mesa does that sometimes. It so cute

PoochesForPeace said...

Shadow points too :)

Unknown said...

Apparently we all have Pointers. Who knew! :)